We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to lead our User-Centered Design Team. You will work closely with Product Managers, and Engineering to deliver an engaging user experience for our customers. This position will lead our User-Centered Design and offers the opportunity to work on a variety of design challenges (desktop, cloud, and mobile), and shape the future of the entire product line.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- You can dream up visions of the user experience; collaborate on direction; evaluate merits of good design solutions that focus on the user and their needs; and, of course, deliver specs at the highest level of quality and attention to detail.
- You love challenges and excel at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas
- You are self-motivated and independent. You can stand up for your design choices, build excitement, and gain consensus from others.
- You understand product. You get business, brand and aesthetic sense.
- Execute interaction design as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Products include rich desktop applications as well as responsive web applications.
- Help to write and proof UI text
- Relentless attention to detail and consistency
- Partner with other UX Designers, Visual Designers, Product Managers, and Engineering to conceive, plan, and deliver effective UX solutions within a given area of the application.
- Participate as an influential player to guide the UX vision, maintain consistency, and help build our design culture.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience as a key member of a User Experience Design team participating in the complete product development life-cycle of several successfully launched web and/or software applications
Diverse industry experience (corporate, software, web, agency) appreciated
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including user research, product management, and engineering
- Experience with application design and keen grasp of web design principles
- Ability to present cohesive design approaches to a non-design audience including business, product, and technology teams
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements
- Ability to create information architecture diagrams, wire frames, prototypes, and screen flows
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Skills in Balsamiq, OmniGraffle/Visio, Axure, Sketch 3, InVision Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks) or similar tools
- Portfolio to accompany resume
Please send resume to Careers@appbus.com
AppBus is a B2B software company and the leader in context-aware computing, a style of computing in which situational and environmental information about people, places and things is used to enrich user workflows and experiences. We are driving the adoption of greater automation in leading Financial Services, BPO, Healthcare, Technology, and Insurance companies.